All information current as of March 27, 2020, at 11:00 a.m.
Here at Columbus AFB, we are following risk-based measures consistent with guidance from the Department of Defense and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and encouraging personnel to follow force health protection guidelines in order to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
Base Access: Restricted to DOD ID Card holders only; exceptions granted by group commander or higher. When entering base please do the following: Personnel entering the installation will present their ID with their arm extended outside of the vehicle for scanning done by the Entry Controller. You will also need to show both sides of your ID before being permitted entrance.
Stay connected with the latest base updates here, as well as on social media at https://www.facebook.com/ColumbusAFB/ . For immediate push notifications regarding significant changes download the Columbus Air Force Base app for iOS and Android and enable push notifications.
HEALTH PROTECTION CONDITION (HPCON) LEVEL
- CHARLIE - Substantial: Social distance (limit meeting, social, TDYs); shelter in place indoors; or, if directed, don respirators; mass distribution of medical countermeasures, if applicable.
A MESSAGE FROM COLONEL WEEKS
- Our focus is on early prudent steps to slow the spread of COVID-19 and safety for our Airmen, families and communities.Thank you for your support, diligence and concern regarding this National situation.
CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASES
- Mississippi: 758
- Columbus AFB: 1
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS FOR DOD PERSONNEL
- Effective March 16, all DoD military and civilian personnel and their families assigned to DoD installations, facilities and surrounding areas in the U.S. and its territories are ordered to stop movement until May 11, 2020. This includes permanent change of station (PCS) and temporary duty (TDY). Additionally, DoD components may only onboard civilian employees within the local commuting area, and military members are only authorized local leave.
The local area for personnel assigned to Columbus AFB is defined as the city in which you live and the area from your home to your place of work.
CITY OF COLUMBUS CURFEW
- As of March 21, 2020 the city has issued a curfew from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily, with essential travel only. We will restrict our travel to essential travel only during this window.
Effective March 20, 2020 the 14th Medical Group will institute a screening process for the Koritz Clinic. This is to protect our providers, patients, and facility. Please watch the video and check out the slide to help you get the access to care you require.
In order to reduce face-to-face, visits, the medical group is having having a nurse telephonically triage each patient prior to booking appointments. Many appointments will be virtual encounters in which the provider or nurse will contact you via phone to provide evaluation and healthcare management. Some of the other implementations include:
• The RAC will be reduced to once a day at 8-8:30 a.m. RAC is for Return-to-Fly only.
• The medical group will maximize the separation of healthy and sick patients, appointment times (face-to-face) have been adjusted to accommodate healthy-patients in the morning & sick-patients in the afternoon (to include sick call).
• Lab and Radiology will only be available for medical necessity tests.
• Dental Services are reduced to pre-deployment screenings and emergencies only.
• The Pharmacy is recommending all patients check for a 90 day supply of routine medications; if less, start now to place e-script/mail order prescriptions.
• Additionally, to decrease the face-to-face contact in the pharmacy, all patients on routine medications (new prescriptions or renewals) are to call 662-434-2168 or 662-434-3122 to activate your prescription before coming to the Medical Group.
• Furthermore, beneficiaries should utilize the express scripts for their prescriptions or request that your medication is transferred to a pharmacy in town that offers drive-thru services. Click here for directions. With this in mind, the automated refill line will be turned off Monday, March 23, and transition to a telephone interview. If you have any questions and/or would like to transfer your prescription to an off base pharmacy. Please contact our pharmacy at 662-434-2168 or 662-434-3122 or you can contact your PCM at 662-434-CARE (2273).
Base Exchange – As of March 18, the Base Exchange will open from 8:30-9 a.m. for the next 30 days to “senior (citizen)-only shopping time.” This will be re-evaluated after 30 days.
Commissary – Effective March 26, the Commissary will allot the the first two hours of operation to individuals over 60 years and older of age to shop.
On Base Food Options – Takeout only. This includes the Strike Zone Grill (bowling center), Rajun Cajun, Subway and Coffee House on 5th in order to maximize social distancing.
*Subway – Effective March 28, 2020, Subway will be changing their hours on Saturdays and Sundays. The new hours will be from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
*Coffee House on 5th – Effective March 24, Coffee House on 5th will be staying open until 6 p.m. to offer additional food options. Mon-Fri 6 a.m-6 p.m.\ Sat 8 a.m.-noon.\ Closed Sunday
*Bowling Center Snack Bar- Mon-Fri 6:30 a.m.-2 p.m.\ Sat-Sun 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Arts & Crafts – Closed until further notice.
Airmen & Family Readiness Center – Will be meeting with Airmen and family members only through one-on-one appointments only.
Base Library – Closed to patrons, however, they are still connecting through online programs.
Barber Shop – Closed until further notice.
BLAZE Chapel – Staff will still meet with individuals on a one-on-one basis only, and their services will be made available online.
Civilian Personnel Office/NAF Human Resources Office – Will be available by appointment only for face-to-face interactions. All other business will be conducted virtually.
*If you have any question for CPO, call 662-434-2648 or email ColumbusStaffing@us.af.mil
*IF you have any question for HRO call 662-434-2648 or email 14FSS.NAFHRO@us.af.mil
Finance – As of March 20, the Finance Customer Service Desk will be transitioning to virtual operations to decrease exposure of COVID-19. For any finance related issues/questions please call 662-434-2705 or email 14CPTS.FCS@us.af.mil
Fitness and Sports Center – Closed until further notice.
Fitness Testing - Effective 17 March 2020, all Official Fitness Assessment Testing is cancelled until June 2020.
*Members who are due in March will test in 6 months, September 2020
*Members who are due in April will test in 6 months, October 2020
*Members who are due in May will test in 6 months, November 2020
Freedom Park & Lil' Blaz'r Park– Closed until further notice.
Information, Tickets and Travel – Closed until further notice.
Legal Office – Staff will still meet with Airmen by appointment only.
Military Personnel Flight – Open. Mon-Wed/Fri 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.\ Thurs 9 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
Outdoor Recreation – Closed until further notice.
Whispering Pines (Parent/Child Workout Center) – Closed until further notice.
Youth Center/Child Development Center -- As of March 22, 2020, the YC /CDC will utilize a screening process for entry, as well as limited to families with mission requirements.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Avoid groups or gatherings of 10 or more people.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Stay home when you are sick.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Coronavirus Disease 2019
What is the Government Doing?
DOD TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
FAQ Travel Restrictions
14th Medical Group